EXCITING OPPORTUNITY WITHIN OUR RETURNS DEPARTMENT
We are looking for a Returns Assistant to join our busy team. The Returns Department is responsible for the performance of operational and administrative tasks related to the dispatch and receiving of costumes and other items. It is a busy department that relies on accuracy and team working.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Handling and logging of all returned costumes and deliveries to the company
- Checking returned costumes against records of costumes booked out for hire and completion of all associated Returns based administrative tasks
- Handling, loading and logging of all costumes being despatched to customers
- Preparation, despatch and receiving of costumes for cleaning by external dry cleaning and laundry services
- Sorting and handling of costumes and accessories being returned to warehouse stock
- Performance of general departmental and yard housekeeping, including:
- In-house laundry
- Internal distribution of non-stock deliveries
- Container storage housekeeping
- Garment rail storage
- Other ad hoc duties as required to support other departments
- Proven computer literacy, including experience of Microsoft Office and the ability to learn and use new systems and software
- Ability to perform manual handling tasks, including lifting boxes weighing up to 25kg
- Professionalism when working and communicating with customers, couriers and colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a focused and methodical manner
Please note that this position is NOT based in our costume department so experience/knowledge of costume is not required for this job as successful candidate will be receive relevant training.
Please DO NOT APPLY for this job if you are interested in working within the costume warehouse itself.
To apply please email your CV and letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send by post to: M Giesen, Angels Costumes, 1 Garrick Road, London NW9 6AA.
Closing date for applications – Friday 15 November 2019
Career Opportunities with Angels
What can a job at Angels offer me?
Angels is the largest and most prestigious costume house in the world and is the gold standard of costuming in the entertainment industry.
If you join us, you will be working with some of the best in the industry. You will be working with people who continue to drive Angels forward, hugely successfully. They have a vast knowledge and experience of their craft and are a major resource.
If you succeed in getting a job at Angels you will be given a unique opportunity which you should use to your best advantage in learning every aspect of the costume business.
Regardless of your qualifications you will go through our own rigorous training programme. During your three month trial period you will go ‘back to basics’ and learn ‘The Angels Way’.
You will receive the best costume training available anywhere in the world working with the best costume professionals in the business. You will work on exciting projects from small independent features through to blockbuster movies; small theatre projects through to huge operas and commercials through to classic TV costume dramas.
If you succeed, doors can open for you within the industry worldwide. It is well proven that having Angels on your CV and a reference from us is a major advantage – not only does it demonstrate that you have had the best training but also that you work in a professional, efficient and reliable way – the Angels way!
You may also be interested to know the following about the kind of job types that exist at Angels, although we don’t currently have any vacancies:
Posts as Junior or Trainee Costumiers – applicants have sometimes completed a costume or fashion course (which is not essential). What is more important is to be able to demonstrate a passion for costume and history and the desire to progress in the industry.
Posts in our Alterations Workroom require a minimum of 2 years formal training in the construction and interpretation of costumes. College leavers and graduates usually start in the Alterations Workroom.
Posts in Dressmaking require a minimum of 2 years formal training in the construction and interpretation of costumes plus at least 2 years relative experience.
Posts in Tailoring require a minimum of 2 years formal training in the construction and interpretation of costumes plus at least 2 years relative experience.